While the Law of Attraction is getting quite a bit of publicity these days, the concept has been around for centuries and has been known — and used successfully — by great minds throughout history. According to books like The Secret, there’s evidence that the law of attraction was used by Beethoven, Einstein, and even Jesus, but you’ve also used it in your own life whether you’re aware of it or not! This is because the Law of Attraction works whether or not you’re aware of it. The main reason for the current focus on it is that if you’re aware that you're using the Law of Attraction, you can control what you attract into your life.
8) No Support: Since you will always attract what you think about, you need to avoid any type of support groups for people with mental or physical illnesses or for people with similar experiences. Research shows that support groups such as alcoholics anonymous, weight watchers, or breast cancer support are beneficial. The LOA incorrectly predicts that you will make your problems worse.
13) Placebo Effect: Placebos are inactive, ineffective substances to which a positive effect has been attributed. The greater your expectations and beliefs that something will be effective, the greater chance it has of creating a positive response. The mind is a powerful tool. We can increase or decrease our heart rate and blood pressure through visualization. A few individuals using a LOA have a firm belief that it will work and so it does. People tend to have more success with the LOA for smaller items for which they did not make a vision board; finding money on the street, getting a check in the mail, hearing from a long lost friend, etc. Is a belief in a law of attraction any better than rubbing a rabbit’s foot, tossing a coin in the fountain, or pulling apart a wishbone? Test it yourself, the answer is no!
3) No Action: The only way to manifest your thoughts into things is to believe and live as if you’ve already accomplished your goal. LOA guru Esther Hicks said, “You did not come into this environment to create through action.” Action shows the Universe that you know you don’t have it and that you doubt its ability to manifest it for you. While it is obvious to most that action is a necessary component of goal achievement, it is completely inconsistent with a belief in a LOA.
The point is, you can go through any personal development program in history. Any of the great books “The Secret” and “Think and Grow Rich”. An Anthony Robbins program. The real masters all understand the same secret. It’s not just the tools and techniques that make a difference. It’s showing people how to open a channel to abundance that really counts.
Although there is a lot of worth to even simply learning what the Law of Attraction is, you can really start using it to its full potential when you begin to understand that it can be used in subtle ways every minute of the day. Becoming more mindful of your own thoughts helps you to see to discover what you should keep or remove from your own mind and the reality your experience. You will become more attentive to underlying negativity and can start to combat it with new beliefs and feelings that better reflect your positive vision of the coming days. This ongoing focus on self-reflection also enables you to start seeing what you really want from your future, and you can then progress to formulating clearer goals with actionable steps at every stage.
They don’t obtain the ability to find life in their life. Yes, ability. It’s not just a choice. It may start with a choice. But it’s a practice, a daily one, to produce nectar (joy) from what’s in front of you as you keep building and climbing. This is what keeps you positive and attracting. It’s like pedaling a bike. Once you are no longer able to produce joy with what you have, you are no longer attracting.
Allow yourself to be helped: Loneliness isn’t good for people seeking “good luck.” According to the popular saying, it’s not exactly the recommended counselor. Having alliances with others, asking for advice and allowing others to collaborate on your projects, or at least give you their opinions, is also a way to be lucky. The more helping hands there are, the easier it is to be successful in achieving that which you so desire.
You change your state by consciously being aware of your thoughts and thought patterns. Our thoughts are one way into changing how we feel. And this is why there are so many videos about changing our thoughts and how we think (and you should watch them. They’re like vitimins. You can’t have too much. You’ll just pee out what you don’t need.) Our faulty thinking creates the negative state / energy that attracts nothing but dead ends and more discouragement. It’s a shitty loop most of us call life. Whatever you feed grows so feed the good in your life. You don’t think there’s any good in your life? That’s just means your joy muscles are very weak. There’s always someone with less than you so start the practice of finding the good in your life.
Imagine, for a moment, how your life could be much worse than it supposedly is now. What things in your life would you miss the most if they were suddenly taken away by a cruel twist of fate? Your health? Your job? Your family? By taking the time to notice the good things in your life, you’ll discover that you already are quite blessed. You already have good luck! Fostering an attitude of gratitude will keep you feeling upbeat and optimistic—two essential ingredients for drawing more good things into your life.
Whatever you are thinking and feeling at any given time is basically your request to the universe for more of the same. Because your energy vibrations will attract energy back to you of the same frequencies, you need to make sure that you are continually sending out energy, thoughts, and feelings that resonate with what you want to be, do, and experience.
I stumbled on your page a couple weeks ago. I’ve been coping with post partum depression for the past few months. Although medication has absolutely helped take the edge off, ever since reading your words I’ve felt a consistent and steady rise in my feelings of happiness. The medication helped stabilize my depression, that’s true, but your words helped me tap into my joy. Joy I haven’t felt in years, possibly since I was a child myself.
Ed, thank you very much for sharing your gift and talent. You have used just the right words to really allow all of what I’ve been feeling for so many years finally make more sense than ever. You are a true Blessing and I’m so very excited to learn more from you to truly simplify and organize my thoughts and ideas into the life I’ve been trying to create for myself and my family. I think I had a “missing link” that was there the entire time just floating around me that I could access but much simpler through your help. I do very much appreciate your knowledge and your kindness. Sending you lots of thanks and love to you and your family!!
As I am starting to receive many emails regarding this article, realize that I may not be able to answer all of the comments. In addition, if you are close-minded and believe that the LOA exists irrespective of data or information to the contrary, then this article is not for you. Thanks for visiting - now you can go back to your LOA abundance. This article is intended for those who are new to the LOA, those who don't know about it, and those who have not succeeded in using it and are open-minded and looking for answers.
12) We’re Not Perfect: The LOA is a “perfect law” and should result in a “perfect” life. We are told that no goal is too big if you can think it; there is no such thing as an unrealistic goal. From The Secret “You can think your way to the perfect state of health, the perfect body, the perfect weight, and eternal youth. You can bring it into being, through your consistent thinking of perfection.” Reality check -life is not perfect. It can be great, fantastic, amazing, incredible, even optimal. But perfect? Won’t happen. What’s the problem with this way of thinking? Why not expect perfection? Fantasizing and striving for perfect makes you feel better in the short term but actually reduces your chance of attaining your goals and results in more unhappiness and blaming. If you are only going to be satisfied with perfect results – perfect health, perfect body, perfect family, perfect marriage, perfect friendships, perfect kids, perfect house, perfect job, perfect life; you are in for a perfect disappointment. Research studies support this.
"If you focus on the negative, again, you attract the lower-lying energies, and yes, you ultimately create negative. Try creating a parking space in the mall at a busy time. Focus on your space, envision it; do not allow any negative thoughts to creep into your mind, and simply stay in the positive. It may take you a few times practicing this to get it right it, but then it becomes second nature. The flip side of this as well is, psychologically speaking, if you continue to focus on something, you generally start to believe it is true, and then it ultimately will come true simply because you have followed that train of thought," Estes breaks it down.
Lucky people just try stuff. Unlucky people suffered from paralysis by analysis. They wouldn’t do anything until they walked through every single angle and by then the world had moved on. They don’t gain the benefits of learning through doing. I’m a big fan of starting small, trying lots of projects, seeing what works and what doesn’t, and iterating based on feedback.
The law of attraction manifests through your thoughts, by drawing to you thoughts and ideas of a similar kind, people who think like you, and also corresponding situations and circumstances. It is the law and power that brings together people of similar interests, who unite into various groups, such as political groups, sports teams, sports fans, fraternities, etc.
Be sure about what you want and when you do decide please don't doubt yourself. Remember that you're sending a request to the Universe which is created by thoughts and therefore responds to thoughts. Know exactly what it is that you want. If you're not clear/sure, the Universe will get an unclear frequency and will send you unwanted results. So be sure it is something you have strong enthusiasm for.
I understand your scepticism about the LOA as I am someone who is open minded about it. However, I kind of lost confidence in your arguments when you started to present basic premises about the LOA incorrectly. For example, the primary focus of the law of attraction is not about material wealth. It is about self development, self love and the journey to self completeness within the context of mindfulness and positive thinking. This is a premise that is widely used within peer researched clinical therapies as well as many religions. Proponents of the law of attraction do not campaign for everyone to achieve selfish material gain and wealth. I have not heard or read anyone, no matter what level in their LOA journey that they are at. Their point is about the power of a positive mindset, a principle I am very much a supporter of and as I said, this is not unique to the LOA.
Ask the Universe for it. Make your request. Send a picture of what you want to the Universe. The Universe will answer. See this thing as already yours. See How to Visualize. The more detailed your vision, the better. If you're wanting that Nintendo Wii, see yourself sitting down playing a game on it. See yourself feeling the controller, playing your favorite game(s), touching the console. If there's that person you have a crush on, see yourself walking with them, touching or caressing the person, or even kissing the person. You get the idea.
You may not have discovered your passion or your life’s work yet. Unless you attempt new things, you may never discover what that is. Keep an open mind to all possibilities. You don’t know if you could be an talented ceramicist unless you pick up a lump of clay and give it a go. How do you know that you aren't a gifted energy healer? Or an amazing tarot reader? No-one ever said, on their death-bed, “Gosh, I wish I hadn’t done all those things.” People who broaden their minds and their life experience become interesting characters who attract good luck and good friends.
The people whose lives seem to be blessed with a lucky charm have incredible willpower and an extraordinary ability to persist in the face of adversity. Their determination to push forward no matter what obstacles stand in their way naturally exposes them to a greater array of opportunities that often reveal themselves the further they are able to push through the challenges in their lives.
7) No Compassion: Don’t get involved with anything negative like charity or helping the needy. This will attract more negativity and poverty. Wallace Wattles, a LOA founder wrote, “Do not talk about poverty; do not investigate it, or concern yourself with it. Do not spend your time in charitable work, or charity movements, all charity only tends to perpetuate the wretchedness it aims to eradicate.” and “Give your attention wholly to riches; ignore poverty.” Rhonda Byrne in The Secret takes this a step further, “If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them…If you think or talk about diseases, you will become sick. What you think or surround yourself with – good or bad, is what you will bring upon yourself.” If you believe in a LOA avoid any of the “helping or health” professions such as physician, nurse, hospital worker, clergy, psychologist, police officer, paramedic, etc. Avoid professions in which you deal with poor people such as accountant, mortgage broker, banker, lawyer, etc. While research shows that charitable work, empathy and volunteering is beneficial to both the giver and receiver, avoid these things if you believe in a LOA.
Your brain is so smart that it has taken the vibrations all around you, and learned how to translate it into your “reality” in a way so that you can’t even recognise its vibration. Think about it... What are the colours that you perceive? If you’ve studied any science then you know that colour is just a vibration at a particular frequency. What are the sounds that you hear? They are nothing more than vibrations that your brain has translated in order to make sense out of it.
Or, like most people who claim to have found the way to manifest things through the LOA, is it that you truly don't want big things, new things, nice cars, paid off mansions, kids' schools paid for, permanent paid vacations, etc. If you wanted them, you know you could manifest them, you are just not that interested in those things right now. That's the typical response.
Since the brain is Velcro for negative experiences, it is natural that we worry so much. It's just the brain's tendency. Keep a worry list for 2 weeks. The minute you start to worry write it down. This not only helps release the heavy energy that often keeps us stuck, but at the end of 2 weeks you will notice none of the worries were warranted. Your brain will have proof that worry is a waste of energy.
the trouble is in the mind, for the body is only the house for the mind to dwell in, and we put a value on it according to its worth. Therefore if your mind has been deceived by some invisible enemy into a belief, you have put it into the form of a disease, with or without your knowledge. By my theory or truth, I come in contact with your enemy and restore you to your health and happiness. This I do partly mentally and partly by talking till I correct the wrong impressions and establish the Truth, and the Truth is the cure.