7) No Compassion: Don’t get involved with anything negative like charity or helping the needy. This will attract more negativity and poverty. Wallace Wattles, a LOA founder wrote, “Do not talk about poverty; do not investigate it, or concern yourself with it. Do not spend your time in charitable work, or charity movements, all charity only tends to perpetuate the wretchedness it aims to eradicate.” and “Give your attention wholly to riches; ignore poverty.” Rhonda Byrne in The Secret takes this a step further, “If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them…If you think or talk about diseases, you will become sick. What you think or surround yourself with – good or bad, is what you will bring upon yourself.” If you believe in a LOA avoid any of the “helping or health” professions such as physician, nurse, hospital worker, clergy, psychologist, police officer, paramedic, etc. Avoid professions in which you deal with poor people such as accountant, mortgage broker, banker, lawyer, etc. While research shows that charitable work, empathy and volunteering is beneficial to both the giver and receiver, avoid these things if you believe in a LOA.
Those people who are seen to have good luck expect to find a solution that will help them overcome their problems. They fully understand that if there is a problem, that a solution can and will be found — it’s just a matter of time. As a result, they remain vigilant, they persist and work through obstacles, while all-the-while scouting for opportunities that could provide them with the answers they are searching for.
Your gut feeling is your intuition. While many dismiss intuition as wishful thinking or indigestion, scientists have shown that intuition is real. In fact, many important scientific discoveries have occurred because scientists followed their own intuition. And of course, we at Psychic Elements KNOW that it is very real. Intuition is expressed through a feeling, a quiet thought, or perhaps a compulsion to take action even if we don’t know why. Scientists say that intuitive feelings are a result of our subconscious recognizing patterns. Patterns which we have absorbed and learned without realizing.
Which brought me to this basic statement of the fundamental Abraham teaching. And what a fine, excellent book it is. It explains so many things, why things are the way they are, why we keep trying to change things, but keep winding up with the same disappointing, unwanted results, and how to change the way we tell the Universe what it is we truly want.
"Just as you can't get lucky in a lottery without buying a ticket, you can't win at business without risking an investment. If you speak to successful business people, they'll tell you about how many times they failed or how close they were before things turned around. Business isn't just delivering on your product or service, it's investing in your network, investing in tomorrow, and surrounding yourself with the right team. If you want to succeed, you need to ensure you're pushing, pulling, and dragging that team. It requires focus, discipline, and an unapologetic resolve."
Individuals working with the luck factor take full responsibility for their thoughts, actions, and decisions, fully knowing that the results they achieve are of their own making. As a result, they tend not to make excuses, tend not to complain, or blame their circumstances on other people or events. They realize that doing this would direct their mind onto what they don’t want, and this will consequently distract them from what they do want, and as a result, they will fail to identify the opportunities that are necessary for them to achieve their personal goals and objectives.
Now that you understand the Law of Attraction, you can harness this power in your own life. A first step would be to test your own habitual thought patterns to see whether you tend toward optimism or pessimism and learn more about changing habitual patterns of thought. Additionally, this article on using the Law of Attraction can help you make many positive changes in your life. Now is the time to start; your future is in your hands!
6) No Challenges: Challenges are considered negative thoughts and are to be avoided. Besides, if you’ve theoretically already achieved your goal, there could not be any challenges. As Esther Hicks, has stated, “Once you have recognized that thinking of what you do not want only attracts more of what you do not want into your experience, controlling your thoughts will not be a difficult thing…” There are many goal-achieving benefits to acknowledging and planning for challenges that may arise. Unfortunately, a belief in a law of attraction does not allow for you to accomplish this.
Those with the luck factor always work hard, smart and creatively. They understand that it’s not how much time they put in, but rather how they work during that time that matters most. Furthermore, they realize that only through the process of creative thought and action will they be able to attract the good luck and opportunities that others simply acknowledge as lucky chance encounters.
You are one of a kind and you have a unique spiritual fingerprint. A unique abundance DNA. The universe just wants you to recognize and own your uniqueness. Then you can have anything you want because you’ll stop doing things the way you think you should. You’ll know without blinking that you’re the best in the world at being you. And that’s more than enough to attract an extraordinary and abundant life for you and for those you love.
Change your strategy: It may occasionally be necessary to change the way we see things and the way we act in order to “get lucky.” Surely you know many people who, no matter how hard they try, cannot seem to change their destiny. It’s not about good or bad luck, but about knowing how to behave properly and knowing the exact moment in which to change course or direction. Instead of accumulating failures, innovate.
Show gratitude. Write down all the things the Universe has given you. Be thankful for what you already have and be thankful for all the things the Universe has given you. The Universe has done a lot of things for us. Paying the Universe back with some gratitude will motivate the Universe to do even more things and will draw more things into your life. If you were once bullied and that person stopped, that's one thing to be thankful for. If the person you're crushing on likes you back, or doesn't but they didn't send their lover out to hurt you, that's another thing to thank the Universe for. You should also thank the Universe for this process too. Showing gratitude will turbo boost the Universe to manifest your request faster.
Within days from now you can attract your true love…set up a business that will change the world…get a better job than what you ever imagined possible…start to reclaim your health…rediscover your confidence and connect with the bliss of your true purpose. I’ve seen it happen so many times to people I know and clients of mine. Accelerated learning is a choice that allows you to build all the beautiful, powerful beliefs which will get you there quickly.
This wonderful book confirms and drives home what I try so hard to do...FOCUS on what I DO want as opposed to what I DON'T want. As I always say, "We have the choice to see the GOOD in people and the CHOICE to take the RIGHT road." But it's so hard to do. We create our own reality. When there is a person in your life who chooses to see the bad in you and makes sure you are aware of his or her distaste or low opinion of you, (true or not), you feel bad. This person sees life through critical eyes and only sees bad, ugly and distasteful. It really isn't you at all. It's that person and that person needs to help himself or herself. You can't fix it. We all do the best we can with the hand we are dealt. Sometimes to keep focused on the positive and the good we need to weed people out of our lives so we can stay focused on the positive. If possible, we can try to understand why this type of person does this. It's these peoples own insecurity usually that drives them to try measures to cope that usually involve manipulaion of the people around them. They want so badly to be accepted and loved. After all, that's what we all want most in the world. You'd think that since we all want the same thing basically, why relationships are so hard. These people try to emulate other people on the surface, place themselves on a pedestal to get that attention that is craved. Then when people don't buy into it the person gets irate and lashes out. It's a sad state of affairs and it's hard for the people in these peoples lives to deal with the problem. It takes a very special person to try to understand and deal with the problem. You can spend only so many years trying; sometimes the impossible situation needs to be aborted for the sanity of all concerned. These people are just completely miserable to be around and the irony is that they accuse others of having the very flaws that they are guilty of. Being positive can only go so far. Some situations are impossible and it isn't worth beating yourself up over. There are few Saints in the world, however, one or two DO pop into mind I know personally. I have so many wonderful people in my life, as I'm sure we all do, people I treasure in my life who live the values in this book. We all are surrounded by so many people that we choose to be around because of the genuine, unassuming, caring people they are. In turn, they allow us to be the person we want to be and return their admirable qualities. The hardest is being that positive, genuine person to someone who openly finds fault with everything and everybody. Therein lies the challenge. Sometimes life's challenges force you to make heart breaking choices and what you want doesn't happen no matter how positive you try to be. You can only do the best you can. Even though most of this book is pure common sense, it helps to read the obvious more than once until it's engrained in our brains to stay focused on good vibes. Yes, ask yourself what you want, not what you don't want. This book keeps you focused on LISTENING to your common sense! Ultimately, by all means, project positive, to receive positive. BUY IT! READ IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
11) Blame the Victim: The only reason that anything bad could ever happen to you is because you were thinking bad thoughts. If someone rear-ends you in a car – 100% your fault. If you get breast cancer – 100% your fault (not genetics). If you get raped or abused – 100% your fault. Children getting killed by terrorists, sick babies in the intensive care unit, victims of floods, hurricanes, natural disasters, the Holocaust – yes, their fault. We all know deep inside that this is ridiculous to even suggest. However, it is a basic, fundamental premise of the LOA. You NEVER attract something you are not thinking about. When anything bad happens to anyone, they are to blame. Don’t feel sorry for anyone who has cancer or a disease or starving children in poverty, they brought it on themselves. What causes obesity? Slow metabolism? No, fat thoughts. From LOA experts, “Disease cannot live in a body that’s in a healthy emotional state.” (Bob Proctor). “You cannot catch anything unless you think you can, and thinking you can is inviting it to you with your thought.” (From The Secret). “Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. Suffering is always the effect of wrong thought in some direction.” (James Allen). “If man will think only thoughts of perfect health, he can cause within himself the functioning of perfect health…” (Wallace Wattles). “Every individual creates every aspect of their experiences – we are in complete control of our health throughout our entire lives. There are no accidents.” (Esther Hicks).
Model successful people. Those with the luck factor understand that other people’s success can be modeled and repeated. As a result, they spend time researching the thoughts, beliefs, habits, decisions and actions of very successful individuals. They subsequently model their patterns of behavior in order to obtain their own personal goals and objectives.
If you’re practicing the technique on something bigger, this exercise may be tricky, but use your imagination. If you’re trying to lose weight, go out and buy an outfit that fits the size you’re aiming for. If you want a new car, go to a dealership and shop around. If you’re aiming for something as big as complete financial freedom, start planning what you’re going to do with all that free time and money.
The concept of manifesting destiny, which rests on the Law of Attraction, is the idea that investing positive energy and belief in any desired outcome will allow a person to bring the outcome to fruition. In other words, you have the power to get what you want simply by believing in it. Sound a little crazy? Maybe. But if people swear by it, it's worth at least exploring, right?
When you learn how to use the many powerful and practical tools associated with the Law of Attraction, you can start living and thinking in a more optimistic way that is specifically designed to attract even more positive events and experiences. Whatever you’re longing for, whatever your dreams and goals, the Law of Attraction can teach you valuable lessons that will bring you closer to your most treasured ambitions.
"It may not be exactly as you imagine it – say you make $35,000 as a writer and you imagine making $100,000. You may get an offer in a different field that meets the money requirement or possibly a different style of writing than you might be used to or an assignment that you did not expect. Point is, you will get what you ask for, even if it is not exactly as you had imagined. Now if you have no job and no income and ask for a Maserati, you probably won’t get it. You might, however, meet a new friend who has one and get to drive it," Estes states clearly.
Be like a kid who allows no impossibility to enter her manifesting realm. "Feeling" helps us release any doubt and negative energy. It generates excitement and positive feelings, which support us to take inspired action! So go test drive that car you want, or feel what it will be like to have the perfect partner in your life, because feeling is believing!
It would be impossible to publish research in any respectable peer-reviewed psychology journal that was not up to this high standard with concomitant rigorous statistical analyses. These are the standards in psychology. When someone comes up with a new theory in psychology or any other science, for that theory to be of any use, it has to be able to make predictions and those predictions have to be verifiable. If there is no way to disprove a theory, it can explain everything that happens, yet it doesn't predict anything specific that can be tested, it is considered a poor theory.
10) Blame Yourself: As the LOA is supposed to be a perfect, universal law, positivity should ALWAYS attract more positivity. The corollary of this is that you alone are completely responsible for any goal that was not successfully achieved, no matter how unrealistic the goal. This assumes that you not only control your thoughts and actions, but also those of everyone around you…and nature. The fact is, that you don’t. Sorry to break that to you.
Prepare: The lucky ones are the people who work to achieve their dreams, not, as is commonly believed, those who “have been touched by the magic wand.” Do whatever it takes to achieve your goals, create the right circumstances to achieve them, create intermediate goals, etc. If you’re looking for a job, for example, it won’t be “good luck” that decides your position, but the way in which you get a good interview with an interesting company. If you’re ready, you can get the job of your dreams.
1) Metaphysical Pseudoscience: LOA proponents claim that it is based on scientific theory. It is at best, metaphysical pseudoscience with conclusions based on erroneous, unfounded, and often incorrect assumptions. The list of incorrect scientific information that is suggested by LOA creators is way too long for article (more details check out “Throw Away Your Vision Board book.” Here are a few of their scientific truths.”